[R] Error in Quantile Regression - Clear Message

ricardosilva at serasa.com.br ricardosilva at serasa.com.br
Fri Jul 14 18:43:32 CEST 2006

Dear Users,
I loaded my dataset as following:

presu <- read.table("C:/_Ricardo/Paty/qtdata_f.txt", header=TRUE, sep="\t",
na.strings="NA", dec=".", strip.white=TRUE)
dep<-presu[,3];
exo<-presu[,4:92];

When I try:

rq(dep ~ exo, ...) or mle.stepwise(dep ~ exo, ...)
I got the same error:
> rq(dep ~ exo)
Error in model.frame(formula, rownames, variables, varnames, extras,
extranames,  :
        invalid variable type for 'exo'

Any hint in how to fix it? I think this is due my data format.

Thanks,

Ricardo Gonçalves Silva, M. Sc.
Apoio aos Processos de Modelagem Matemática
Econometria & Inadimplência
Serasa S.A.
(11) - 6847-8889
ricardosilva at serasa.com.br

__________________

Hi,

I load my data set and separate it as folowing:

presu <- read.table("C:/_Ricardo/Paty/qtdata_f.txt", header=TRUE, sep="\t",
na.strings="NA", dec=".", strip.white=TRUE)
dep<-presu[,3];
exo<-presu[,4:92];

Now, I want to use it using the wls and quantreg packages. How I change the
data classes for mle and rq objects?

Thanks a lot,
Ricardo