[R] References verifying accuracy of R for basic statisticalcalculations and tests

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Fri Jul 14 10:42:25 CEST 2006

Hi,
> [mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Corey Powell
>
> Do you know of any references that verify the accuracy of R
> for basic statistical calculations and tests.  The results of
> these studies should indicate that R results are the same as
> the results of other statistical packages to a certain number
> of decimal places on some benchmark calculations.

I don't know of any references, but maybe you can somehow "verify the
accuracy of R" by running some analysis with the "NIST Statistical
Reference Datasets"; the URL is http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/strd/
So maybe you can run the analyses mentioned there and say that R
(hopefully) returned the correct results.

Hope this helps,
Roland