[R] References verifying accuracy of R for basic statistical calculations and tests

Tony Plate tplate at acm.org
Fri Jul 14 02:27:31 CEST 2006

This might be a place to start:

http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/spreadsheet_addiction.html

Among the references listed there are:

Assessing the Reliability of Statistical Software: Part I by B. D.
McCullough (1998)
http://www.amstat.org/publications/tas/mccull-1.pdf

Assessing the Reliability of Statistical Software: Part II by B. D.
McCullough (1999)
http://www.amstat.org/publications/tas/mccull.pdf

Those might have some relevance

Then, doing within an R session:

 > RSiteSearch("Assessing Reliability Statistical Software")

turns up 14 hits, many of them looking relevant

[leaving "the" and "of" in the query results in the search engine timing
out - odd?]

-- Tony Plate