[R] --no-save and --save toggle from inside R? + BATCH stderr

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:25:25 CEST 2006

thank you.  exactly what I needed.

can I add it as a suggestion for the next R version to add
an option to quit that prints only one line to stderr (or stdout, but
the real one, not the batch output one) that gives a 1-line job
summary---"no error" (or nothing), "5 warnings", "5 warnings, fatal
error: blah".  except in rare circumstances, this is likely to be the
user-preferred behavior.

(taking a hand where I have gotten a finger---can I redefine a quit
function that can invoke the original quit() with an option?)

regards,

/iaw