[R] file.choose but for folder/directory?

Randy Zelick zelickr at pdx.edu
Tue Jul 11 02:51:30 CEST 2006

Hello there,

This question is relative to WindowsXP, using R 2.2.1:

I am looking for a function that allows a user to interactively choose a
directory so I can use list.files to process all the files in that
directory. I've looked at getwd, but this is not interactive. The
functions file.choose and choose.files are the right idea, but these only
permit selection of a file within a folder, not the folder itself.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

=Randy=

R. Zelick				email: zelickr at pdx.edu
Department of Biology			voice: 503-725-3086
Portland State University		fax:   503-725-3888

mailing:
P.O. Box 751
Portland, OR 97207

shipping: