[R] How can I obtain the values of BIAS and STD. ERROR from a bootstrap.

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Mon Jul 10 15:16:35 CEST 2006

R 2.3.1
Windows XP

Question: How can I obtain the values of BIAS and STD. ERROR from a
bootstrap.

Background:
I am running a bootstrap:
result2<-boot(1:400,regSEvssample,R=5000)

and obtain the following results:

Bootstrap Statistics :
    original        bias    std. error
t1* 1.876602 -0.0001368616   0.1630380

I would like to get the values of ORIGINAL and BIAS. I can get the
value of ORIGINAL:

> result2$t0
[1] 1.876602

But I can't find a way to get the values of BIAS or  STD. ERROR. Can
someone suggest how I can obtain the values for these two statistics?

Thanks,
John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
Baltimore VA Medical Center GRECC,
University of Maryland School of Medicine Claude D. Pepper OAIC,
University of Maryland Clinical Nutrition Research Unit, and
Baltimore VA Center Stroke of Excellence

University of Maryland School of Medicine
Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)