[R] pvclust missing values problem

Gavin Simpson gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 14:03:00 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 11:56 +0100, Richard Birnie wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi Richard,

Sorry, I know nothing about pvclust and have never used it, but here are
a couple of general suggestions/observations.

You are asked to contact the package maintainer *not* R-Help for
questions relating to contributed packages. I dare say only the
maintainer (or some kind soul with too much time on their hands to debug
the package) can solve your problem, if you can't work out how to do it
with R's debug tools. I have cc'd the maintainer on this reply.

When you get an error, it is useful to supply the output from
traceback() to see where the error actually occurred.

By the way, the error NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 11)
doesn't necessarily mean you have missing values in your data set. Note
the NaN and Inf in that error message. It could just be that one of the
calculations resulted in NaN's or Inf's which hclust detected or caught
and issued the error. Without traceback(), this is pure speculation.

R version info, platform (OS) and version of pvclust are all useful
extra bits of info that you could have provided us or the maintainer as
well.

Hopefully you can sort your problem out with the maintainer.

Best,

--
 Gavin Simpson                 [t] +44 (0)20 7679 0522