[R] Invoking SAS in order to use sas.get

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jul 5 19:35:26 CEST 2006

Hamilton, Cody wrote:
> I am trying to use the sas.get function to bring a SAS dataset into R.
> After calling the sas.get function I got an error message stating that
> 'sas' is not a recognized internal or external command, etc.  I am
> guessing that I need to specify the internal command to invoke SAS in
> the sasprog option for the sas.get function, but I don't know how to
> determine what that command might be.  Any thoughts would be
> appreciated.

What is sas.get()?
If you are talking about read.ssd() in package "foreign", you have to
specify the path to the sas executable. If you are on Windows (your mail
header suggests, but you have not told it), this might begin with
"c:/Program files/........." unless you have sas in your PATH already.

Uwe Ligges