[R] Editors which have strong/solid support for SWeave?

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Wed Jul 5 13:52:11 CEST 2006

A.J. Rossini wrote:
> What I'm wondering about is can you have both the LaTeX and R "advantages"
> that WinEDT provides available at the same time?   (does it handle the modes
> in a context-sensitive way within the same document, or do you have to use
> one or the other, or do you just have to be careful?)

   As far as I know, you have to use one mode or the other.  I write the
*.Rnw file in R mode (via RWinEdt).  I then Sweave the *.Rnw file and
open the *.tex file it creates in LaTeX mode.  There is typically
nothing I do with the *.tex file other than turning it into PDF (and I
do this within WinEdt in LaTeX mode).  If anyone has a different
approach they think is superior, I would like to hear about it too.