[R] R 2.3.1 on OSX: scrolling command line

Max Reuter m.reuter at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 5 12:30:25 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am running R in the terminal (X11) of Mac OS. Recently, I upgraded
my OS from 10.3 to 10.4 and installed version  2.3.1 of R. Since
then, R has the annoying behaviour of scrolling long command lines to
the left, rather than breaking the line and showing the entire
command on several lines. Starting R with '--no-readline' fixes the
problem, but at the price of losing command line history and working
arrow keys.

Is there a way to way to define what R does to long command lines?

Many thanks for your help, Max

Max Reuter

Departement of Biology
University College London
The Galton Laboratory
4 Stephenson Way
London NW1 2HE, UK

Phone: +44-20-76795095			 Fax: +44-20-76795052