[R] Editors which have strong/solid support for SWeave?

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Wed Jul 5 11:43:39 CEST 2006

A.J. Rossini wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have a few colleagues who like the idea of Sweave, but have failed
> to become enlightened monks of the One True Editor
> (http://www.dina.dk/~abraham/religion/)
>
> Are there any other Microsoft-centric editors or IDEs which have solid
> support for writing SWeave documents (dual R / LaTeX enhancements
> similar to ESS's support)?  Has anyone tried the folding editors which
> support Noweb?

Tony:
   I don't know what you mean by a folding editor or Microsoft-centric,
but I am using R, WinEdt, and MikTeX on WinXP.  I have been using Sweave
with this setup for several months and have been happy with it.  Thanks
to Uwe Ligges, the RWinEdt package provides R enhancements to WinEdt,
and WinEdt is configured to work with MikTeX by default (can be
configured to work with other LaTeX systems).
   The editor itself is very intuitive - all you really need to know to
get started is how to write *.Rnw files (via Sweave documentation and
the many examples on can find).  I can recommend this setup for anyone
working on Windows.

http://www.winedt.com/

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Descriptions/RWinEdt.html

hope this helps,