[R] IMPORTING FILE FROM EXCEL

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Tue Jul 4 14:47:35 CEST 2006

Rashmi,
I suggest you store the file as a comma separated file (.CSV). You can
import a .csv file using the read.csv function
data<-read.csv("d:\\myfile.csvl")
I suggest you look at the help file for read.csv, i.e.
help(read.csv)
John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
Baltimore VA Medical Center GRECC,
University of Maryland School of Medicine Claude D. Pepper OAIC,
University of Maryland Clinical Nutrition Research Unit, and
Baltimore VA Center Stroke of Excellence

University of Maryland School of Medicine
Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524

410-605-7119
jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu

>>> Rashmi Pant <rashmi6380 at yahoo.co.uk> 07/04/06 2:22 AM >>>
Hi
  I am a beginner with R.
  I have been trying to import a tab delimited excel file but i get the
following error message
  > file.show('C:\Documents and
Settings\stats\Desktop\SUMI\plasma2.txt')
Warning message:
file.show(): file 'C:Documents and SettingsstatsDesktopSUMIplasma2.txt'
does not exist
 I have understood the programming part but i cannot go ahead unless i
have imported the file. I have consulted the R-help archive without
success.
  Any help will be appreciated
  Thanks in advance