[R] Integer bit size and the modulus operator

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Jan 30 19:39:07 CET 2006

R is probably not the best tool for handling large integers...

AFAIK Python has the interesting feature of not only having a `long' integer
type (that can store arbitrarily large integers), but can convert a regular
4-byte int to the `long' type when necessary.  Perhaps that would be a
better tool for the purpose.

Andy

From: jim holtman