[R] fExtreme packages

morlanes@cc.hut.fi morlanes at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jan 30 17:16:13 CET 2006

Hello,

I am a new user of R. I am trying to use the packages fBasics and fExtremes
when i am running the examples I get few error. Could someone tell me what is
happenig? Thank you beforehand.

from Fbasics packages:

 xmpfBasics()
Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file '/usr/lib/R/library/fBasics/demoIndex'

> source("fBasics-xmpTools")
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
	unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file 'fBasics-xmpTools'

from fExtremes:

 data(danish)
xmpExtremes("\nStart: Simulate a GPD Distributed Sample > ")
 x = gpdSim(model = list(shape = 0.25, location = 0, scale = 1), n = 1000)
Error in rgpd(n = n, xi = model$shape, mu = model$location, beta =
model$scale) : unused argument(s) (mu ...)

 fit = gpdFit(danish, threshold = 10, type = "mle")
>  par(mfrow = c(1, 1))
>  gpdtailPlot(fit, main = "Danish Fire: GPD Tail Estimate", col =
"steelblue4")
Error in as.numeric(gpd.obj$upper.exceed) :
	argument "gpd.obj" is missing, with no default