[R] help with read.table() function

oliver wee islandboy1982 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 16:26:20 CET 2006

hello, I have just started using R for doing a project
in time series...

unfortunately, I am having trouble using the
read.table function for use in reading my data set.

This is what I'm getting:
I inputted:
data <-
read.table("D:/Oliver/Professional/Studies/Time Series
Analysis/spdc2693.data", header = TRUE)

I got:
Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file 'D:/Oliver/Professional/Studies/Time
Series Analysis/spdc2693.data', reason 'No such file
or directory'

as I am just a novice programmer, I really would
appreciate help from you guys. Is there a need to
setpath in R, like in java or something like that...

I am using the windows version btw.

I have also tried to put the file in the work
directory of R, so that I only typed
data <- read.table("spdc2693.data", header = TRUE)
Again, it won't work, with the same error message.

I would appreciate any help. thanks again.