[R] how calculation degrees freedom

Søren Højsgaard Soren.Hojsgaard at agrsci.dk
Sun Jan 29 13:17:01 CET 2006

In connection with calculating Monte Carlo p-values based on sampled data sets: The calculations involve something like
   update(lmer.model, data=newdata)
where newdata is a simulated dataset comming from simulate(lmer.model). I guess the update could be faster if one could supply the update function with the parameter estimates from the original fit of the lmer.model as starting values. Is this possible to achieve??
Best
Søren