[R] draft of Comment on UCLA tech report

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:54:07 CET 2006

Hi!

I suggest that you look in fortune package and you could add some of
frotunes to this report. I think thay say a lot. I would just like to
add my story. I started stats with SAS and when I heard of R I, being a
open source fan, imidiatelly tried it. It was a real pain and I
abandoned that idea completely, although I really tried hard. Now I know
that my problem was wish to move to R, but not accepting its logic and
wish to do that in "one" day. Then I had to do a simple thing in SAS and
I realized that I do not know how to do it in SAS. Just a quick look in
R solved my problem and I took about one month of slow study and I am
not sorry for that. It really is important to change the approach. Of
course there are pros and cons, but I would say that one of the fortunes
that involve comparison of various software solutions and money tells it
all.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana     PhD student
Biotechnical Faculty
Zootechnical Department     URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Groblje 3                   mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si

SI-1230 Domzale             tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888