[R] Learning - Example programs

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jan 28 17:18:41 CET 2006

On 28 January 2006 at 15:52, Martin P. Holt wrote:
| I'm working my way up the learning curve for R. A method of learning I find
| very effective is to work through an existing program. Are there any
| libraries or archives of R programs on the web ? If not, would this be a

Well, you could try googleing for CRAN and its mirrors; each CRAN archive
contains over six hundred contributed packages all of which contain examples
for R. Each of which is only one command away from you for use and
inspection.

And your R installation itself has thousands of functions each with
examples. Try

	> help(example)
	> example(example)

R comes with six manuals that come with it, and a FAQ document.

| good idea for the R website ?
| I hope this is not a FAQ: I have checked as far as I can.

The FAQ lists several books on R.  CRAN and its mirrors host several free
books in pdf form.

Lastly, some Google scores:

	'R example'		140 million hits
	'R examples'		 78 million hits