[R] Previously compilation procedure on Mac OS X no longer works

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Fri Jan 27 23:19:42 CET 2006

Isaac,

On Mac OS 10. 4.4 with Xcode 2.2 installed, after setting:

sudo gcc_select 3.3, I get:

Robs-Laptop:~ rob$ gcc_select
Current default compiler:
gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1819)

Robs-Laptop:~ rob$ cd Downloads/
Robs-Laptop:~/Downloads rob$ R CMD INSTALL sigPathway_1.1-0.tar.gz

gzip: sigPathway_1.1-0.tar.gz: decompression OK, trailing garbage
ignored
* Installing *source* package 'sigPathway' ...
** libs
gcc-3.3 -no-cpp-precomp -I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/
include  -I/usr/local/include   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c sigPathway.c -
o sigPathway.o
gcc-3.3 -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -L/usr/local/lib -
o sigPathway.so sigPathway.o  -framework vecLib -lcc_dynamic -F/
Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xerbla_
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib(single module) definition
of _xerbla_
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/../R.framework/R(print.lo) definition
of _xerbla_
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _signgam
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/../R.framework/R(lgamma.lo)
definition of _signgam
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(gamma9.o) definition of _signgam
** R
** data
** help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'sigPathway'
      Formats: text html latex example
   GenesetsU133a                     text    html    latex
   MuscleData                        text    html    latex
   calcTNullFast                     text    html    latex
   calcTStatFast                     text    html    latex   example
   calculate.GSEA                    text    html    latex
   calculatePathwayStatistics        text    html    latex   example
   getPathwayStatistics              text    html    latex
   rankPathways                      text    html    latex
   runSigPathway                     text    html    latex   example
   selectGeneSets                    text    html    latex
** building package indices ...
* DONE (sigPathway)

and

 > library(sigPathway)
 > example(runSigPathway)

rnSgPt> data(MuscleData)

rnSgPt> sf <- apply(MuscleData, 2, mean, tr = 0.025)

... lots more output, seems to work.

R-Sig-Mac might be a better list to ask specific Mac questions.

Rob