[R] How do you convert this from S Plus to R - any help appreciated . thanks

Bill.Venables@csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Fri Jan 27 13:11:40 CET 2006

This particular call to exportData is probably equivalent in effect to
the R call:

write.table(MU.Cost,
	file = paste("C:/RAUDSL/S",
			    as.character(MU.Cost$Run.Id[1]),
				".",as.character(MU.Cost$MU.Id[1]),
				".MU.PRICE.OUTPUT.txt", sep=""),
	append = FALSE)

as Barry sort of guesses, but in general exportData handles a wide
variety of data export facilities, including writing to odbc connexions,
so other uses of exportData would need the RODBC library in R and
functions like sqlSave or sqlUpdate.

write.table is also an S-PLUS function as well, but exportData is
generally a whole lot faster.

Bill Venables.