[R] xyplot: making strip function aware of panel.number

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 01:34:48 CET 2006

On 1/26/06, Benjamin Tyner <btyner at gmail.com> wrote:
> In xyplot(), I'd like to supress the printing of the strip on certain
> panels. I thought I'd do this inside the strip function, but it seems
> that panel.number doesn't get passed to that. Any ideas?

Well, strip has access to much more detailed conditioning information
(which.given, which.panel), why are they not enough? The panel.number
feature exists for exactly the opposite reason, namely that panel
functions traditionally didn't have the information on conditioning
variables that the strip function has.

Deepayan