[R] Concept Mapping of Qualitative Data

Secrist, Kevin KSecrist at buttecounty.net
Fri Jan 27 00:54:48 CET 2006

Dear list,

I am a first time user of this list and a ultra-novice "R" user.  I am seeking the ability to graphically depict open-ended responses from a focus group determining data needs of  community mental health staff members.

These responses would be mapped based upon either Theme or concept or domain, then sorted by similar responses and grouped. Next we would like to use multidimensional scaling to structure the responses on a grid.  and then basically connect the dots of the themed responses into clusters.

Is there any templates or coding out there for this type of analysis and graphing?

Thank you,

Kevin Secrist
Decision Support Unit
Butte County Behavioral Health
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail transmission, and any d...{{dropped}}