[R] polr (MASS)

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jan 25 02:27:18 CET 2006

Dear Naiara,

I believe that the problem is in your specification of start values: If the
two independent variables are numeric, then there are four parameters in the
model, not two--i.e., two regression coefficients and two thresholds (or
intercepts). But why do you find it necessary to specify the start values in
any event?

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox