[R] Condor and R

Michael Redmond redmond at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 24 20:53:25 CET 2006

David,

We have discussed proposing a joint project with the UW-Madison Condor
group to develop capabilities in Condor and R that would allow a subset
of batch applications of R to run in the Condor standard universe. To
this point, we have not identified a funding source to support the
development, so the project is on hold.

I am interested in identifying the potential impact of this type of
development as justification in our proposal. If it would affect a large
community of R users, there would be a better possibility to find the
needed funding.

If there is a community of R users out there that would be interested in
having R run in Condor standard universe, please direct comments my way
and, based on interest, I will try to move the proposal forward.

Thanks
Mike Redmond
Director of Computing Services
Dept. of Statistics, UW-Madison