[R] R vs. Excel (R-squared)

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Tue Jan 24 19:45:46 CET 2006

I would think that a negative value for a statistic that takes
on non-negative values would be suspiciously low.  But
some people think I'm overly skeptical.

There may or may not be a discussion of this in one or more
of the links in 'Spreadsheet Addiction'.
http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/Tutor/spreadsheet_addiction.html

The executive summary is, "Don't do statistics in spreadsheets,
especially Excel."

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696