[R] In which application areas is R used?

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Jan 23 23:45:09 CET 2006

Define "extensive."

I think your answers depend on your definition. I know a bunch of folks in
pharmaceutical preclinical R&D who use R for all sorts of stuff (analysis
and visualization of tox and efficacy animal studies, dose/response
modeling, PK work, IC50 determination, stability data analysis, etc.). Is
"bunch" a majority? I strongly doubt that it's near. Is it 5%, 10%, 30% ??
Dunno. Excel is still the Big Boy in most of these arenas I would bet. But I
would also bet that there are at least 1 or 2 folks in dozens of companies
who use R in for these things.

Is there a subtext to your query? -- i.e. are you trying to make an argument
for something?

-- Bert