[R] Latest revision of lme4 requires 'Matrix' >= 0.995.2 but that version is not available on CRAN

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Mon Jan 23 20:30:58 CET 2006

Doug and list

No, the change as reported on my XP PC was Matrix package 0.995-1 was
found but lme4 requires >= 0.995.2.

The format change was from a dash to a dot.

Maybe a few more would spell SOS!

But it's the sort of thing where sometimes even the geniuses very close to
the work may read the string they think they wrote by gestalt.  As long as
it is what was intended and works, it doesn't matter.

But what about working in logits.  Each new mini-version would have a
constant amount of logit added, ultimately to be changed to the next
release...:-))

Best wishes to all

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com