[R] lines() in heatmap()

kaoskrew.de tozim at gmx.de
Mon Jan 23 17:54:11 CET 2006

Hello!

I looked for help through google and the help-files and spend several
hours with trial and
error, but didn't find a correct way.

It's all about lines in a heatmap to separate different data block from
each other to underline
the significance of the found clusters!

The heatmap is build like that:

heatmap(X, Rowv=NA, Colv=NA, symm=TRUE, cexRow=0.3, cexCol=0.3)

I switched the dendrograms off, because I don't want the values sorted
but in the way, I
extracted them from the data.

I tried to enter the lines that way:

lines(c(14,14),c(0,187), col="green")

That should appear as a line parallel to the x-axis, but there was no
line at all.
I also tried several other ways, which didn't work at all. (The Matrix
contains
187 values and is symmetric)

Also the line should start and end at the borders of the heatmap, so if
there is
a parameter to enter that, I would be glad, if you add it.

Another short question:
Does anybody have an idea, how I could switch the names of my data from
the heatmaps
right side to it's left side?

Thanks for help already,
Tobias Zimmer