[R] Sweave: skip if figure exists

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 23 16:49:19 CET 2006

  > Dear RWeavers,
  > to speed up report generation with Sweave, I am looking for an option
  > "skipifexists" for figures. A named figure chunk should not be executed if
  > the file to be produced already exists.

  > I know that this could be done with hooks, but I want to avoid to re-invent
  > this wheel.

I have plans to implement something like this for a very long time
now, but no code yet. Contributions are of course more than welcome.

Best,

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch