[R] command in survival package

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Sat Jan 21 00:27:53 CET 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Linda Lei wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I have a question about one command sentence when I follow the example
> in the book of "Survival analysis in S":
>
> > aml1<-aml[aml$group==1]

If this is really what the book says you should probably complain to the
author.  However, if it says
   aml1<-aml[aml$group==1,]
then you show type that instead.

It is hard to be sure, because you don't say where the `aml' data set
comes from.  It can't be the one in the survival package as this doesn't
have a variable called "group"

> Thus, I couldn't keep going on the next command:
>
> esf.fit<-survfit(Surv(aml1,status)~1).

This looks implausible as well. I would have expected something like
   esf.fit<-survfit(Surv(time,status)~1, data=aml1)

 	-thomas