[R] Dynamic Programming in R

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jan 19 23:41:58 CET 2006

1. I have no experience in dynamic programming (so you may want to ignore
the rest of this message)

2. Your message is vague (to me) -- more specifics about what you want to do
might result in a better answer.

3. R has become **much** better at loop management since 2002

4. Nevertheless, there are undoubtedly still situations where R may require
an unacceptably large amount of memory overhead. Recursion is one, I
believe.

Usually the best advice is: try it and see.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA