[R] Tobit estimation?

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 19 15:10:41 CET 2006

For adventurous, but skeptical souls who lack faith in the usual
Gaussian tobit assumptions, I could mention that there is new
"fcen"  method for the quantreg rq() function that implements
Powell's tobit estimator using an algorithm of Bernd Fitzenberger.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820