[R] R Commenting Style

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Thu Jan 19 13:13:32 CET 2006

Le 19.01.2006 11:19, Paul Roebuck a écrit :

>I seem to remember reading somewhere about some style
>guide regarding R the number of comment characters (#)
>prior to the comment meaning something.
>
>Anyone know to what I'm referring? Where?

Hi,

If you edit your R code with eclipse + statET plugin
(http://www.walware.de/goto/statet)
you can associate task tags to your comments, ie :
# TODO : bla bla
# FIXME : replace that for loop by some vectorized incantation
# BUG :
... you can create new task tags according to your taste ...

so that the comments are managed by a separate window. Pretty useful.

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques
mixmod 1.7 is released : http://www-math.univ-fcomte.fr/mixmod/index.php