[R] some EPS rotated in journal preview

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 15:06:25 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 13:04 +0100, Knut Krueger wrote:
> I am trying to send a manuscript to a journal.
> One of the figures build by R is in the right orientation and 4 are
> rotated clockwise 90 deg in the preview.
>
> I used the right click save to PS option and I used the command line
>
> postscript("c:/temp/fig04.eps",bg="transparent",onefile =
> TRUE  ,pointsize=20,paper =
> "letter",height=8,width=8,horizontal=FALSE,family = "Helvetica", font
> = "Helvetica")
>
> I treed Horizontal=TRUE Ghostsript show the rotated image but not the
> preview from the journal. :-(
>

> Is there anything to change that the - unknown system - of the journal
> will be forced to display the image in the right direction?
>
> Regards Knut

One of the first things to do is to use 'onefile = FALSE', 'horizontal =
FALSE' and paper = "special"'.

This is in the Details section of ?postscript, which provides guidance
on the creation of EPS files for inclusion in publications.

I would try that to see if that provides a more consistent formatting of
the plots.

You don't indicate what you are using to create the manuscript itself
(ie. Word, LaTeX,  or ?) to help us in considering other possibilities
(such as autorotation).

If the above does not help, please provide a reproducible example of the
plot code and what you are using for the manuscript.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz