[R] Current state of support for BUGS access for Linux users?

Andrew Gelman gelman at stat.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 18 12:37:32 CET 2006

Uwe,

Does coda put parameters into arrays based on their names?  I had the
impression that coda just considered parameters as one very long vector
(as in the summary output inside the Bugs window), hence it would not
make those nice graphs on the right side of the output from plot()
applied to a Bugs object.  But if coda is the standard, then I suppose
what's needed is to adapt Jouni's function to also convert coda objects
into bugs objects?  Then any iterative simulation object could be
displayed and accessed by parameters, not simply scalar components of
parameters.  (Or maybe coda can do more than I realize, I don't know.)

Andrew

--

--
Andrew Gelman