[R] gplots

Warnes, Gregory R gregory.r.warnes at pfizer.com
Tue Jan 17 21:01:24 CET 2006

The plotmeans() function uses the order of the factor levels.  To change the order in the plot, change the order of the factor levels.

For example:

> data(state)
> plotmeans(state.area ~ state.region)

Plots the groups in the order

levels(state.region)

> levels(state.region)
[1] "Northeast"     "South"         "North Central" "West"

You can change the order of the levels using the gdata:::reorder.factor function:

> state.region <- reorder.factor(state.region, c("Northeast", "North Central", "South" "West")),

Now, doing

> plotmeans(state.area ~ state.region)

will show the plot with the new order.

-Greg