[R] glmmPQL / "system is computationally singular"

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Jan 16 03:49:44 CET 2006

	  Did you try "traceback()"?  What do you get?

	  I've had good luck with problems like this in listing the function
then using "debug" to review while I walk throught the code line by line.

	  This may not be the issue here, but with "family=binomial", if the
model being fit can achieve perfect separation, software of this type
might generate error messages similar to what you describe.

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves