[R] example(plot) question

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 15 06:49:15 CET 2006

You can either open a graphics device with history

windows(record = TRUE)

or open a graphics device and set par(ask=TRUE) to be asked for
confirmation after each plot (as most demos do).

Finally, if you always want graphics recorded on a windows() device, use

options(graphics.record = TRUE)

as documented in ?windows.  (I am not sure how you would know about plot
history without knowing that was the relevant device: e.g. both the rw-FAQ
and the Windows README tell you.)