[R] lmer and handling heteroscedasticity

Leo Gürtler leog at anicca-vijja.de
Sat Jan 14 17:44:50 CET 2006

Dear altogether,

is it possible to integrate "weights" arguments within lmer to
incorporate statements to handle heteroscedasticity as it is possible
with lme?
I searched the R-archive but found nothing, insofer I assume it is not
possible, but as lmer is under heavy develpoment, maybe something
changed or is solved differently.

Thus my question:

While encountering heavy heteroscedasticity within data, lmer is not the
right application to use, but use instead lme?

Thanks in advance for a short statement,

best ,
leo

email: leog at anicca-vijja.de
www: http://www.anicca-vijja.de/