[R] glmmPQL: Na/NaN/Inf in foreign function call

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 18:53:03 CET 2006

I'm using glmmPQL, and I still have a few problems with it.
In addition to the issue reported earlier, I'm getting the following
error and I was wondering if there's something I can do about it.

Error in logLik.reStruct(object, conLin) : Na/NaN/Inf in foreign
function call (arg 3)

... Warnings:
1: Singular precistion matrix in level -1, block 4
(...)
4: ""

The interaction terms are

primed ~ log(dist) * role
random = ~ dist | target.utt / prime.utt

The family is binomial (logit).

I ensured that log(dist) is always [0; 1]. Role is a factor (binary).
target.utt and prime.utt are categories as well.

This is version 2.1.1 - is the latest version more reliable?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Dave