[R] 4 smoothed lines on xyplot

Dean Sonneborn dsonneborn at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 11 19:39:34 CET 2006

I am using the R code listed below to create 4 smoothed lines on a
xyplot. I'm having trouble fine tuning it. First I think I may need a
black and white plot so how do I get it to plot the lines with different
characters, preferable the same characters used in the key (plus, X
circle and triangle). I might also be interest in a version that draws
four solid lines of different colors but when I try to use a white
background the lines change to dots and dashs. When I don't use a white
background it seems to use the solid colors lines.

plotchar <- c(3, 4 ,1 ,2 )

colr<- c(“green”, “blue” , “red”, “black”)

library(lattice)

trellis.par.set(col.whitebg() )

xyplot(AWGT ~ lipid_adj_lpcb2_cent, groups=grpx, data=pcb_graph3,
auto.key=TRUE, col=colr,

pch=plotchar, type=c(“1”, “smooth”), span=.8,

key=list(x=.14, y=.84,

points=list(col=colr, pch=plotchar),

lines=list(col=colr, pch=plotchar),

text=list(levels(pcb_graph3$grpx) , col=colr, pch=plotchar)))

--
Dean Sonneborn, MS
Programmer Analyst