[R] Find last row (observation) for each combination of variables

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Jan 10 22:55:52 CET 2006

Leif:

Rather than trying to mimic what you might do in SAS take advantage of R's
ability to use arbitrary data structures, e.g. lists. So, one approach is:

(your.df is the data frame)

your.list<-split(your.df,your.ts[,1:3],drop=TRUE)
t(sapply(your.list,function(x)x[which.max(x$TS),]))

Cheers,
Bert

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box