[R] "Missing value representation in Excel before extraction to R with RODBC"

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon Jan 9 08:48:07 CET 2006

Hi

I believe it has something to do with the column identification
decision. When R decides what is in a column it uses only some values
from the beginning of a file.

I do not use RODBC as read.delim("clipboard", ...) is usually more
convenient but probably there is a way how to tell RODBC what is in
the column instead of let R decide from the top of the file.

But I may be completely mistaken.

HTH
Petr