[R] How to unload a package or "undo" library("package")

Ales Ziberna aleszib2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:56:54 CET 2006

If I do  detach(package:blockmodeling)

My package "blockmodeling" does not appear in (.packages())
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "base"

However, if I want to install a newer version from a local zip file, I get:
utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'blockmodeling' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error: cannot remove prior installation of package 'blockmodeling'

Is there any way around that?

Best,
Ales Ziberna