[R] lmer error message

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 8 20:10:11 CET 2006

Spencer:

It is an option, not an argument, and sets the default for the lmerControl
arguments msVerbose and EMverbose (see ?lmer)

> options(verbose=TRUE)
> fm1 <- lmer(Reaction ~ Days + (Days|Subject), sleepstudy)
   EM iterations
   0 1768.412 ( 3.75000  106.875  0.00000:    3.21    0.174    0.663)
   1 1749.892 ( 2.67539  62.5305 -5.17591:    2.36    0.176    0.479)
   0      1743.63: 0.918936 0.0531527 -0.304877