[R] Wikis etc.

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 6 15:36:21 CET 2006

Jonathan Baron wrote:

> And I was thinking of setting up a Wiki with one page per
> function.  (Given that there are now hundreds or thousands of
> functions, setting this up would have to be automated.)

  One page per R manual page file would probably suffice. You could do
something along the lines of the Zope book, where users can add comments
but you can browse with comments off:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AdvDTML.stx

  then toggle the 'Com On' button. This is less of a wiki and more of an
annotation service.

but I think you'd run into problems with losing all the annotation when
a new R version comes out.

Barry