[R] Wikis etc.

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jan 6 02:04:08 CET 2006

I feel that as long as people continue to provide help on r-help wikis
will not be successful.  I think we need to move to a central wiki or
discussion board and to move away from e-mail.  People are extremely
helpful but e-mail seems to be to always be memory-less and messages get
too long without factorization of old text.  R-help is now too active
and too many new users are asking questions asked dozens of times for
e-mail to be effective.

The wiki also needs to collect and organize example code, especially for
data manipulation.  I think that new users would profit immensely from a
compendium of examples.

Just my .02 Euros

Frank