[R] multiple lowess line in one plot

Gregory Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Wed Jan 4 21:04:23 CET 2006

Here is one approach using lattice (trellis) graphics:

tmp.state <- data.frame( Frost=state.x77[,'Frost'],
	Murder=state.x77[,'Murder'],
	Region=state.region)

library(lattice)
trellis.par.set(col.whitebg())
xyplot( Murder ~ Frost, groups=Region, data=tmp.state,
	panel.groups=function(...){panel.loess(...);panel.xyplot(...)}
,span=.8)

Just substitute in your variables and variable names.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center