[R] Looking for packages to do Feature Selection and Classification

Diaz.Ramon rdiaz at cnio.es
Wed Jan 4 09:30:05 CET 2006

Dear Frank,
I expect you'll get many different answers since a wide variety of approaches have been suggested. So I'll stick to self-advertisment: I've written an R package, varSelRF (available from R), that uses random forest together with a simple variable selection approach, and provides also bootstrap estimates of the error rate of the procedure. Andy Liaw and collaborators previously developed and published a somewhat similar procedure. You probably also want to take a look at several packages available from BioConductor.

Best,

R.