[R] mixed effects models - negative binomial family?

Constantinos Antoniou antoniou at central.ntua.gr
Mon Jan 2 15:41:26 CET 2006

Hello all,

I would like to fit a mixed effects model, but my response is of the
negative binomial (or overdispersed poisson) family. The only (?)
package that looks like it can do this is glmm.ADMB (but it cannot
run on Mac OS X - please correct me if I am wrong!) [1]

I think that glmmML {glmmML}, lmer {Matrix}, and glmmPQL {MASS} do
not provide this "family" (i.e. nbinom, or overdispersed poisson). Is
there any other package that offers this functionality?

Thanking you in advance,

Costas

[1] Yes, I know I can use this on another OS. But it is kind of a
nuisance, as I have my whole workflow setup on a mac, including emacs
+ess, the data etc etc. It will be non-trivial to start moving/
syncing files between >1 computers, in order to use this package...

--
Constantinos Antoniou, Ph.D.
Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering